Back To Careers
At Bay Landscaping Inc., our people are our most important resource. We’re looking for a highly skilled spray technician. The Ideal candidate has experience and license(s) in herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides. The technician is responsible for properly mixing and applying herbicides, fungicides, or insecticides to trees, lawns, shrubs, or botanical crops. Experience and knowledge usually include proper use and disposal of pesticides. If you have a passion for Landscaping and ornamental horticulture, we want to hear from you.
Objectives of this Role
- Spray Technician is responsible for mixing chemicals and water in sprayer tanks and applying the pesticides in the needed amount, which may depend on weather conditions and application variables.
- Responsible for operating motors or machinery on some spray equipment, as well as may need to use a variety of vehicles for transportation over larger areas.
- Manage inventory and usage of applications, pesticides, and fertilizers.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals, using all avenues of lead generation (office leads, canvassing, personal network, etc.)*
- Estimate job costs and provide equitable but profitable quotes to prospects and clients
Daily and Weekly Responsibilities
- Perform lawn maintenance care activities
- Apply appropriate chemicals to lawns for fertilization and weed control.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment.
- Transport equipment via motor vehicle to and from job sites.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Clean and service tools and machinery.
- Perform routine safety inspections on all spraying equipment.
- The technician may need to manipulate nozzles, tubes, or hoses during spray application.
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- (Pest Controller’s License (SPCC) or obtain within 60 days.) *
- Requires a complete knowledge of chemical application equipment
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or one year (+) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires knowledge in the safe mechanical operation calibration of the following types of equipment: Mechanically pressurized spray equipment, hand-operated spray equipment, hand-operated rotary and drop spreaders, and utility tractors.
- Be able to identify turf, weeds, and basic plant material
- Must be self-motivated and customer service oriented.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving background.
- Valid DOT health card or ability to pass a DOT exam.
- Ability to pass background check & pre-employment drug screening.
Back To Careers