Back To Careers
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Pay Type: Salary
Date revised: March 19th, 2021
Position Summary: The Production Manager (PM) works in a direct partnership with the Account Manager (AM), managing a client portfolio ranging between $800,000 to $1.2 Million annually in maintenance revenue. The PM oversees the day to day production, safety and training of crew personnel and resources towards providing quality and cost-effective services to BLI’s clients. The PM also supports the Account Manager (AM) in estimating and budgeting as needed. The PM is the primary supervisor for Crew Leaders, Supervisors, and Crew Members. Responsibilities include ensuring customer retention through quality site conditions, conducting site walkthroughs with AM (as needed), management of enhancement projects and other related extra work. PM’s have a strong work ethic, have a strong passion for quality landscape field work, interacting with the public and overseeing multiple large commercial properties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Quality 50%
- Understand client needs via regular communication with the Account Manager (AM).
- Accompany Account Manager (AM) on site walkthroughs (as needed)
- Ensure that job site quality and appearance meet client and Bay Landscaping standards.
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plans for service. Adjust schedule as needed and follow up.
- Monitor Crew Leader performance to ensure overall job quality for responsible territory.
- Monitor irrigation systems, identify problems and necessary repairs, and communicate recommendations to the appropriate party.
- Water Management responsibility for all accounts within portfolio. Have a full understanding of drought ordinances and current rebates available.
- Attend occasional Board Meetings or other “after-hours” client meetings, as needed.
- Submit, with the assistance of the Production Manager, Irrigation Surveys, for new work, and as requested by clients.
- Monitor all aspects of the landscape and identify insect or disease problems.
- As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands.
- As a hands-on leader, you’ll also be expected to drive company vehicles, lift/carry material and equipment, and see that all machinery and standards are strictly maintained, meeting quality and safety expectations.
- Help Account Manager (AM) in identifying opportunities to sell ancillary and enhancement services within existing portfolio of clients.
- Develop accurate Property Grade sheets on a monthly basis and turn in to supervisor.
Management & Safety 40%
- Manage all landscape services, including the coordination of all material, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work.
- Implement and enforce Bay Landscaping policies and procedures related to proper upkeep and maintenance, storage, use, and training required for company equipment.
- Work with the Account Manager (AM) and/or Director of Operations to identify staffing needs, hire new crew members, and prepare daily crew schedules.
- Work with and schedule Irrigation Tech(s).
- Communicate with, hire, onboard, fire, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plans for employees.
- Hands-on training and support of crew members, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Manage work orders, enhancements, and extra work, ensuring a quality finished product is delivered.
- Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers and the general public.
- Manage, train and enforce Safety Standards with team members.
- Manage crew member time cards, ensuring accuracy, legibility and timely submission.
- Motivate, hire and fire, build teams, and do everything necessary to ensure their success.
- Participate in company meetings and assist the Director of Operations in overall leadership.
- Maintain and manage all required paperwork.
- Order materials as needed and monitor costs and deliveries.
- Request purchase orders and use in accordance with company guidelines.
- Complete all work orders and mark estimate Statuses “Complete” daily and submit to Accounting Department in a timely and legible manner.
- Hold regular meetings and communication with Account Manager to ensure customer and team member expectations are being met or exceeded.
- Assist Accounting Department in maintaining satisfactory Account Receivable levels.
- Participate in staff meetings and team projects.
- Other tasks and duties as may be assigned by Maintenance Manager.
- 2 or 4-year Landscape related degree; or a 2 or 4-year general degree with coursework in the landscape field, certification by a landscape association; or equivalent industry experience, with or without degree
- 2-4 years of prior working experience in the landscaping industry.
- 1-2 years prior experience in a supervisory role.
- Ability to coach and develop teams.
- Fluent in the Spanish and English languages.
- A current driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Success Factors / Job Competency:
- Management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Commitment to company values
- Leadership – demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Planning – ability to think ahead
- Problem analysis and problem resolution while keeping in mind the best interests of the company, client and employees
- Proficient in various computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Communication – follow through is essential
- Good knowledge of plant material, diseases, insect, chemical, spray, irrigation
- Good working knowledge of math and business formulas, including gross margin
- Directs procedures and methods to ensure that quality standards are met and maintained
- Understanding of Profit & Loss statements
- While performing job duties, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; drive, handle use hand to finger, talk and hear. extensive walking, bending, lifting/carrying 35 – 80 pounds often, outdoor weather conditions, and the dexterity to operate mowers, blowers and related machinery.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent
Job Description Acceptance and Acknowledgment
I have received a copy of the job description for the position I am being offered:
Position: Production Manager
Revision Date: 6/8/2020
I have read this job description (or had it read to me) and I completely understand all my job duties and Responsibilities. I am able to perform the essential functions as outlined with or without reasonable
Accommodation. I understand that my job may change on a temporary or regular basis according to the needs of my location or department without it being specifically included in the job description. If I have any questions about job duties not specified in this description that I am asked to perform, I should discuss them with my immediate supervisor or a member of the HR staff.
I further understand that future performance evaluations and merit increases to my pay are based on my ability to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description to the satisfaction of my immediate supervisor. I have discussed any questions I may have had about this job description prior to signing this form.
Back To Careers