Back To Careers
Reports To: Construction Manager
Pay Type: Salary | Full time
Date revised: May 5th, 2021
Position Summary: The Production Manager (PM) works in a direct partnership with the Construction Operations Manager (OM), managing a project portfolio ranging between $1.5 - $2 Million annually in Landscape Construction revenue.
The PM oversees the day-to-day production, safety, and training of crew personnel and resources towards providing quality and cost-effective services to BLI’s clients. The PM also supports the Operations Manager (OM) in estimating and budgeting as needed. The PM is the primary supervisor for Crew Leaders, Supervisors, and Crew Members.
Responsibilities include making sure the client is fully satisfied with the outcome of the project, conducting site walkthroughs with the Salesperson (as needed), managing quality, ordering and logistics of materials, and directing crews on-site to ensure maximum efficiency. You’d also support the Construction Manager in estimating and budgeting as needed, helping ensure profitability and exceptional customer service for every project.
PMs have a strong work ethic, have a strong passion for quality landscape fieldwork, interacting with the public, and overseeing multiple large commercial projects. Landscape Production manager to follow Daily/Weekly production manager checklist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Quality 50%
- Understand client needs via regular communication with the Construction Operations Manager (OM).
- Walking all job sites with a salesperson prior to the scheduled start date to develop an appropriate action plan and perform hands-on work as needed.
- Ensure that job site quality and appearance meet client and Bay Landscaping standards.
- Monitor Crew Leader performance to ensure overall job quality for responsible projects.
- Addressing issues before they arise by proactively monitoring irrigation systems and areas with the potential for disease or insect problems.
- Monitor all aspects of the landscape and identify insect or disease problems.
- As a hands-on leader, you’ll also be expected to drive company vehicles, lift/carry material and equipment, and see that all machinery and standards are strictly maintained, meeting quality and safety expectations.
Management & Safety 40%
- Manage all landscape services, including the coordination of all material, people, equipment, and subcontractors required to produce quality work
- Work with and schedule Irrigation Tech(s)
- Providing crewmember training, including proper equipment operation, planting techniques, safety, and quality standards
- Manage work orders, enhancements, and extra work, ensuring a quality finished product is delivered
- Manage, train and enforce Safety Standards with team members
- Manage crew member time cards, ensuring accuracy, legibility, and timely submission
- Maintain and manage all required paperwork.
- Order materials as needed and monitor costs and deliveries.
- Request purchase orders and use in accordance with company guidelines.
- Complete all work orders and mark estimate Statuses “Complete” daily and submit to Accounting Department in a timely and legible manner
- Hold regular meetings and communication with the Construction Operations Manager to ensure customer and team member expectations are being met or exceeded.
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned by the Construction Operations Manager.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the landscaping industry or local marketplace
- A minimum of 1 year of prior experience in a supervisory role
- 2-4 years of prior working experience in the landscaping industry.
- 1-2 years prior experience in a supervisory role.
- Ability to coach and develop teams.
- Fluent in the Spanish and English languages.
- A current driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- A 2-year degree or more in a landscape-related field or certification by a landscape association
Success Factors / Job Competency:
- Management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Commitment to company values
- Leadership – demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Planning – ability to think ahead
- Problem analysis and problem resolution while keeping in mind the best interests of the company, client, and employees
- Proficient in various computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Communication – follow-through is essential
- Good knowledge of plant material, diseases, insect, chemical, spray, irrigation
- Directs procedures and methods to ensure that quality standards are met and maintained
- While performing job duties, the incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; drive, handle use hand to finger, talk and hear. extensive walking, bending, lifting/carrying 35 – 80 pounds often, outdoor weather conditions, and the dexterity to operate heavy machinery.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent
Back To Careers