Reports To: Branch Manager Pay Type: Salary
Date revised: March 19, 2021 Full time
Position Summary: The Account Manager (AM) supports the company by being the primary contact for BLI’s customers. They build and sustain long-term relationships, focusing on both client retention and enhancement sales, while providing oversight for field operations. The AM works in partnership with the Production Manager (PM), who directly manages the field operations. The AM is responsible for managing a portfolio of commercial landscape maintenance accounts. Responsibilities include ensuring customer retention through consistent communication and customer care, conducting site walkthroughs, annual budgets, and enhancement sales by providing landscape enhancement proposals. Includes management of a portfolio of properties ranging between 1Million to 1.5 Million annually in maintenance revenue. AM’s have a strong work ethic, enjoy interacting with the public and oversee multiple large commercial clients. The AM is responsible to fulfill customer requests, through consistent follow-up and communication.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client Relations 40%
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers, focusing on both the main contact as well as the next level above and below.
- Develop and maintain a schedule to perform landscape site walkthroughs during formal meetings with customers to ensure quality and service expectations are met.
- Attend occasional Board Meetings or other “after-hours” client meetings, as needed.
- Submit, with the assistance of the Production Manager, Irrigation Manager, or other team members, Irrigation Surveys, for new work, and as requested by clients.
- Lead and facilitate, or assist, in the resolution of customer problems or concerns.
- Field customers calls and emails, answer questions and concerns and solve customer problems.
- Assist with water management for all accounts. Have a full understanding of drought ordinances and current rebates available.
- Focus on client retention of each current account within customer portfolio, (exceeding 92% retention rate) developing long term relationships with clients.
- Develop strong relationship with operations to ensure that customer service and production teams are coordinated on serving customers.
- Generate referrals from existing client base and communicate to Business Developer.
- Develop accurate estimates and takeoffs for both new and existing clients as needed.
Enhancement Design/Sales Responsibility 40%
- Identify and pursue opportunities to sell ancillary services within existing portfolio of clients.
- Create enhancement designs to support sales of ancillary work
- Support other Account Managers, as needed, with enhancement design work.
- Proactively present site enhancement ideas to existing customers. Facilitate meetings with Production Manager, construction or enhancement team management, and customers.
- Meet Work Order Enhancement Goals, Route Enhancements, Irrigation repairs/small upgrades.
- Work with Enhancement Manager and coordinate meetings with customers.
- Field, qualify and propose Enhancement work to non-contract (new) customers as needed
- Ensure timely billing of work order and completed enhancements.
- Work in partnership with the Production Manager in conduct of field operations.
- Communicate regularly with the Production Manager to ensure client needs and expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
- Manage service delivery to specified scope of work (maintenance and enhancements)
- Ensure company financial goals are met by maintaining acceptable gross margins for both base contract work and ancillary sales.
- Coordinate consistent and timely site visits with Production Manager.
- Prioritize customer requests and needs to assist Production Manager in scheduling operations.
- Participate in company meetings and assist Director of Operations in overall leadership.
- Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers and the general public.
- Hold regular meetings and communication with the Director of Operations to ensure customer and team member expectations are being met or exceeded.
- Assist Accounting Department in maintaining satisfactory Account Receivable levels.
- Coordinate with Company Administrators to ensure databases are consistently updated with current client information.
- Other tasks and duties as may be assigned by Director of Operations.
- Participate in staff meetings and team projects.
- Responsible for recording and keeping sales and all account information / Property Information Sheets updated in Spreadsheets and LMN.
- 2 or 4-year Landscape related degree; or a 2 or 4-year general degree with coursework in the landscape field, certification by a landscape association; or equivalent industry experience, with or without degree
- 3 years of supervisory experience in the landscape or related service industry.
- 5 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization, the landscape industry or local marketplace.
- Ability to coach and develop teams.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language.
- Along with customer and managerial aptitude, you’ll need to meet the physical demands of our work (extensive walking, bending, lifting/carrying 35 – 50 pounds often, outdoor weather conditions).
- A current driver’s license with a clean driving record.
SUCCESS FACTORS/ JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Commitment to company values
- Leadership – demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Planning – ability to plan, prepare and execute
- Problem analysis and problem resolution while keeping in mind the best interests of the company, client and other team members
- Proficient in various computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Communication – strong communication and follow through is essential
- Good knowledge of plant material, diseases, insect, chemical, spray, irrigation
- Good working knowledge of math and business formulas, including gross margin
- Directs procedures and methods to ensure that quality standards are met and maintained
- Understanding of Profit & Loss statements
- While performing job duties, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; drive, handle use hand to finger, talk and hear. Extensive walking, bending, lifting/carrying 35-40 pounds often, outdoor weather conditions.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent
Job Description Acceptance and Acknowledgment
I have received a copy of the job description for the position I am being offered:
Position: Account Manager
Revision Date: 2/3/2020
I have read this job description (or had it read to me) and I completely understand all my job duties and
Responsibilities. I am able to perform the essential functions as outlined with or without reasonable
Accommodation. I understand that my job may change on a temporary or regular basis according to the needs of my location or department without it being specifically included in the job description. If I have any questions about job duties not specified on this description that I am asked to perform, I should discuss them with my immediate supervisor or a member of the HR staff.
I further understand that future performance evaluations and merit increases to my pay are based on my ability to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description to the satisfaction of my immediate supervisor. I have discussed any questions I may have had about this job description prior to signing this form.